Dendroboard banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great website. I'll be picking up 4 Nicaraguans from AZDR that I have reserved in a few weeks once their new tank has had time to settle in. If you would like pictures of them I'll send you some once I pick them up.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
AuratusMorphs.com - Home got an updaye today.

thanks to 5 new contributors, the site got 27 new photos.

we are now only missing photo representation for 3 morphs. (out of 31)

I just want to reiterate that ALL photos and information is welcome. While I've taken on this project, my role is to compile information and photos, but it is the many hobbyists themselves who make it possible. My vision for the site was that each morph would be represented by dozens of photos (rather than just one) and that the cumulative knowledge of the hobby would be represented with regards to morphs, lines, import dates, variation, etc...

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Great site! Makes me interested in some more auratus.

One thing, under capira the first picture says it's by Ray but it's john clares and he marked it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looking over your site,there are a few small errors and s few morphs missing. As you know and state, I spent some time in Panama collecting frogs (when it was legal, but still difficult) which allowed me to be lucky enough to introduce a few races into the hobby. I will send you some info and images regarding the errors and you can decide to up date or not. Are you only interested in morphs that are in the hobby, if you are wanting to include all morphs, you are missing a few that I know of including the jet black and paper white one from the SAR from Caribbean Eastern Panama.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
You've already got several super blue pics, but feel free to use this one if you want...

Also, I'm all for including pics/info on morphs not in the hobby when available... my 2 cents ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for the pic Dave.

Based on what info Ian and others can provide me about wild morphs not represented in the hobby, I may consider adding those to the site.

Previously, any info I had about morphs in the wild would have simply been copy-pasted of other online morph guides, or plagiarism of frank Steinman's work from leaf litter magazine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank you for going through all the effort to put up this site. This is one species of dart frog I haven't kept but it's nice having a visual reference for all the different morphs of D. auratus.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I am so much of a "noob" despite the number of posts...posts are really irrelevant because of responses that are humorous, etc. This thread is really important to someone like me to actually see a whole page of the differences...and it enables someone like me to click and explore the differences...a wonderful effort..bravo..

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
The OP hasn't logged in here for about 11 months, and it looks like thefrograck.com hasn't been updated for about as long, so I'm not sure you'll get a response.

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
21 - 40 of 48 Posts