Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased a sexually mature male Cobalt to go with a female I've owned for a year. What are everyones thoughts on introducing him to the female? Just toss him in there and keep an eye on him? Or something more complicated?

Ps I've quarantined him.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well i heard what helps is moving the male and the female darts to A small shoebox size terrarium with extremely high humidity for a month, and that ussually does the trick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
And then put them back in the original tank and drop the humidity for a few weeks, and that ussually starts there breeding session.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other thoughts out there?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Well i heard what helps is moving the male and the female darts to A small shoebox size terrarium with extremely high humidity for a month, and that ussually does the trick.
I don't think a shoebox is big enough to house a pair of adult tincs for a month and I'm not understanding the purpose of that.
And then put them back in the original tank and drop the humidity for a few weeks, and that ussually starts there breeding session.
Actually, dropping the humidity is sometimes used to stop breeding (dry season).
Any other thoughts out there?
If you've already completed everything you plan to do with him (quarantine, fecals, etc), I see no reason not to add him in with the female. Good luck getting them breeding! :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just added a female in with a male azureus. They went crazy. Within about a minute he's calling his heart out and she's picking up on the cue and in a couple minutes she starts stroking :) and it was great. Make sure and watch them closely when they are first introduced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts