Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently was asked to do a Herp Nation Live interview about my research on pumilio over the last two years. I thought some folks here would be interested in the discussion.

http://www.herpnation.com/herp-nation-live/herp-nation-live-strawberry-poison-dart-frogs/

I am also in the process of writing an article for Herp Nation that goes into more detail about the research. That will hopefully be in the next issue for those who may be interested.

And finally, I've got three papers just about ready for submission as a result of this research. If/when they get published, I'll be sure to let folks know :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nice! I really liked the videos of you doing your thing in the field. I'll donate red solo cups for the lehmanni :)

Are the straws still up down there? I look forward to seeing the papers!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Great interview and congrats on the research publications.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

Nice! I really liked the videos of you doing your thing in the field. I'll donate red solo cups for the lehmanni :)

Are the straws still up down there? I look forward to seeing the papers!
At some point, I'd love to try this on lehmanni, but for now my interests in conservation of my own life outweigh interests in conserving the frogs'. I guess lehmanni are very close to some of these areas where guerillas and drug traffickers are...

The straws are still up. I am hoping to collect one more round of data so that I can get more long term reactions to the manipulations.

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Now that was great JP!

When you gonna ship me that case of straws I asked you for???? :):)

Of course you look absolutely ridiculous in that field outfit of yours....really, wouldnt be caught dead in that LOL, only thing worse would be a cap and goggles.....;)

S

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know what you're talking about, Shawn. That outfit is my thing. I'm bringing that back into fashion. Just watch. In the next few years, you'll see lots of people with the button-up field shirts, zip-off pants, bucket hat, and muck boots. I've already had several converts ;)

Your straws are currently in Nicaragua waiting to be set up for the Nicaraguan pumilio there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts