Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a couple intermedius from Patrick for about three weeks now, and I think one of them has just begun calling. for the past couple days I've been hearing this tiny weird noise. at first I just thought it was the fridge, or some other random noise, but it started happening more and more frequently. It kinda sounded like a very tiny burp, and would only last a second. Nothing like my pumilio that calls very loudly and constantly. A couple minutes ago I heard a slightly longer sustained call, so I'm guessing one of my frogs is a boy and is just beginning to try out calling. now I'm fairly convinced that one of my intermedius is calling (which is awesome), but am I right? Now if only they would come out more, I seem to see them once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Get ready, if it is an intermedius he wont shut up soon. I love ours, he calls all the time! Once they get used to their voice they let ya hear it. Also now that I am more consistent with spraying them (at least three times a day now) they come out more. I have also noticed that they are an early morning frog. They are out before their lights come on and for a few hours after. I'll see them randomly through out the day. Foraging for food and what not. We just got our first eggs from them last week! :D So now they are taking care of those as well. Good luck with yours. I hope that you like their little chirp. Little but loud. I can hear them through most of the house. But yes, we have a small house. Good luck though.

-Shelley

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My little guy is beginning to get more bold with his voice. It's no longer a little burp, but sounds like a real frog now. I'm sure it'll only get louder and longer, and I have to say, I'm looking forward to it. And from what I've heard from him, it seems much more melodic compared to my pumilio's insect-like call, which should be a welcome change.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yes, they do have a very nice call. In my opinion. They are my favorite frog call in our collection right now. And they sure give my leucs a run for their money, because they can be just as loud as they are! They may get pushed out of rank when the vittatus start calling though. :p And as insect like as they are, I would love to have some blue jeans again just for their call. I sure loved our little guy.

-Shelley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts