Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the last two weeks have been rather hectic for me, with play practice every day and all sorts of other stuff. Because of this i haven't been spending much time watching my frogs. A couple days ago though, i did notice that behind the veil of this vining plant that i have (i don't know what sps, their clippings from my moms plant) there is a piece of the outer layer of the cork bark that has separated a litle (1/2") The piece is only separated at the top and creates almost a little cave. Anyway, a couple days ago i noticed the one pum sitting half way in it facing out. The other was alowed to come near it, but i put my little finger near the opening and the one tried to chase it away. I haven't noticed any calling, but the only time i really spend in that room right know is when i'm going to bed or sleeping (they're in my bedroom) Any ideas as to what's going on?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Maybe it's just setting up a territory and your finger was trespassing.

Luke

·
Registered
621 Posts
Okay 1st I need to address thre phrase "play practice". Yeah i need you to change that to Rehearsal, thanks. LOL.
On to the pumilio, my friend and I just aquired 6 pumilio Almirante or as i like to say "man creek" ( much more of a problem with play practice than almirante). He said he went ahead and put some in a ten gallon tank. One of the new males actually challenges him everytime he walks by the room. If he comes into the territory of the frog, the frog will raise up to the top of hte cork bark and call right at him. I have not seen this, but he says that it is so regular that it has to be what is happening.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol. i've been buisy with play REHERSAL. Better? :lol: I think that's what's happening. What about the other? male or female? it's allowed to come near, but but there isn't much interaction, except for an ocasional twitching thing the one does. The possibly territorial one is the smaller/less stocky of the two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts