Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I share this with the board. About a week ago, I go to feed the Leucs. My female is very very shy. I dump the FFF in the tank and observed this very interesting behavior. My 2 males were eating at what I would call a normal rate. The female starts to poke her head out of her hide. She then notices the FFF and proceeds down to get a piece of the action. She then started to go at these FFF as if it was here last meal, I mean she was eating FAST. What I found interesting is the 2 males backed off and gave her like a 6-8" radius. The males were eating whatever FFF were out of the radius. Anyone else observe this type of 'right away'?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I see this all the time with Leucs and Tincs. It seems to me the males know when the female needs the extra food during breeding season. With adult Tincs, my females always eat first during breeding season.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Yeah I've noticed this with my tincs as well. The females will be the aggressive eaters, and the males will usually just chill behind her eating everything that goes past her. In the long run they both get plenty though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts