Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice - love the back wall! What are you planning to put in it?
I've been trying to decide for three years now, LOL. Most of these plants came from a smaller tank that was also set up for frogs and I just filled with orchids, and than all got moved over to this. I'm leaning towards R. variabilis “Southern” but we'll see where I land.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been trying to decide for three years now, LOL. Most of these plants came from a smaller tank that was also set up for frogs and I just filled with orchids, and than all got moved over to this. I'm leaning towards R. variabilis “Southern” but we'll see where I land.
Ha - and only got one viv? Or am I hearing you have two (so get to pick two kinds of frogs)?

For what it's worth I have a group of southerns and they are marvelous frogs; easily among my favorites and those colors too! Pretty sure it's a group of 2.2 - here they are having one of their "conventions" / answering a call on a large brom (about 8 inches wide). So much space in the tank and they all came to hang out together...

Another favorite of mine are the Arena Blanca vents... red / orange / copper, black and blue. Very similar to these, except for the green!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha - and only got one viv? Or am I hearing you have two (so get to pick two kinds of frogs)?

For what it's worth I have a group of southerns and they are marvelous frogs; easily among my favorites and those colors too! Pretty sure it's a group of 2.2 - here they are having one of their "conventions" / answering a call on a large brom (about 8 inches wide). So much space in the tank and they all came to hang out together...

Another favorite of mine are the Arena Blanca vents... red / orange / copper, black and blue. Very similar to these, except for the green!
I'm up to five tanks, but no frogs. I just tore down the other big guy and am going to do a rescape.....soon-ish, and have a couple more planned....you know how it is! I love your group, they're stunning!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the Rio, are you using ABG or mesh material for substrate? Tank looks awesome !!!
Thank you! The back is ABG, and the front where the reservoir is, is totally pond filter foam covered in mesh and topped with leaf litter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts