Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mourning geckos :)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have recently acquired an Insitu Amazonia. I like the tank a lot so far, but the dimmer switch for the light seems not to be working. I have plugged it into every part of the wire chain I can see for the light, but it does not turn the light on at all. It’s like it breaks the electricity chain completely. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it, or is my dimmer switch broken and in need of replacement?

thank you very much! View attachment 300300

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello, I have recently acquired an Insitu Amazonia. I like the tank a lot so far, but the dimmer switch for the light seems not to be working. I have plugged it into every part of the wire chain I can see for the light, but it does not turn the light on at all. It’s like it breaks the electricity chain completely. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it, or is my dimmer switch broken and in need of replacement?

Two things( I own two of their tanks and love them).

1) Ensure you have the right AC adapter plugged into it. Also ensure it is attached to the light output and not the fan output...all their cords are a bit interchangable unfortunately.

2) If that doesn't work email then with photos. Super responsive and awesome customer service and they will fix for you or replace.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think the tank I got had two dimmer switches - maybe try and see if hooking up the other dimmer gets you there? Else, email Bill @InSitu (who is also on this board)

·
Vendor
40 Posts

Hi Crockett - It seems you might have the power cords switched around. The cords are designed so that lights and fans are on different sized connectors. The system won't work if you don't plug them in correctly. The easiest way to figure things out is to watch our unboxing video. It will help you get organized. I've attached a link below:

In Situ Unboxing Video

If this doesn't work would you connect with us through our sales channel at: [email protected] We'll do whatever is necessary to get you going!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts