Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

A few days ago, my wife and I woke up to our frog lying on his side, wedged between the glass of the enclosure and his water bowel. She noticed that his anus was prolapsed while I was at work and that he was struggling to move, dragging his legs behind him.

He seemed otherwise normal and active at the time. Eventually, the prolapse resolved, but he still dragged his legs behind him. He was as active as he could be given his disability. He was eating and made a poop afterwards.

By today, he has been lethargic and hasn’t been interested in food for the last two days (very unusual for him). We haven’t heard him croak either.

My wife sprinkles his crickets with calcium/D3. Is it possible he is physically injured? The night before we found him on his side, he had jumped down, landed hard, and let out unusual sounding croaks. Could he have hurt his leg and been expressing pain through croaks?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
7,030 Posts
Definitely sounds like something that isn't DIY treatable (injury or intestinal obstruction are consistent with the symptoms).

When calling a vet, explaining the situation in detail and then asking if they have emergency slots available (some vets hold spots open, or bump routine appointments, for emergencies) can help to get you in more promptly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts