Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happened to the INIBICO project? I thought they were expecting the first shippments to come in this summer, but summer has come and gone. Just wondered if anyone had any info...

G

·
I spoke to Rainer not that long ago and he is still very hopeful, but admits it's been taking a lot longer than he thought. While he is still very positive, many others are not quite so optimistic about it.
j

G

·
Peru Project

I have heard from more than 1 very reliable source that Mr. Schultie would be well served to read How to Win Friends and Influence People. From what I understand this has a lot to do with the delays they continue to encounter.

G

·
Inibico

I did want to add a personal note to this situation, I can certainly understand Ranier Schulties frustration level and impatience with the Peruvian governments process. To know that many of his breeding efforts have gone on to facilitate stolen frogs (Mysteriousis) and smuggling would push anyone to their limits. The continuance of frogs being smuggled or officials issuing permits for payoff is mind boggling considering what these international committees have done to comply with every possible aspect and consideration. Allowing the locals to make a living off of the land IN A SELF SUSTAINING MANNER is not only paramount but the only way to ensure a healthy wild population of many of these species. It is depressing to continue to hear of the ravaging of habitat so that locals can get every last animal (for a buck a piece) for "legal" export to Europe.
All I can say is good luck Ranier, this is probably the most important dart frog project that I have been aware of since I have been in the hobby (15 years).
Mark Pulawski

1 - 7 of 7 Posts