Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone point me in the direction of some good info about where azueres live, the way the landscape looks, types of plants native to where they're from (that are terrarium friendly of course) the way the trees look, yada yada... I'd like to make my upcoming tank as close to how it is where they're from (with-in reason of course lol) thanx for any and all help.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hey, I ran a quick search for you on "azureus habitat". Here is a quote from Ed that should get you headed in the right direction....

"The habitat of Dendrobates tinctorius "azureus" is located in the Sipaliwini Savannah which is contained within the Sipaliwini nature reserve (which is a 1000 km² in size). The savannah has a large number of forest islands which dot the savannah and these can be be very different in size ranging from about the third the size of a foot ball field to much larger than a football field. The "azureus" are found in these forest islands within the Savannah... The actual area of habitat is fairly large but spread out much in the way small ponds used by ranids are spread out..."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts