Dendroboard banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently purchased what was a probable pair of D. Tinctorius Inferalanis. I got them home and immediately both started calling. Soon after watching them both call for a while I watched in amazement as they grabbed and tossed eachother around in what seemed like a fight. Doesn't that break the rules a bit? I thought two females would fight, but two calling males? Anyone else seen this before?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I've found that there's no hard and fast rule when it comes to this. I've seen males fight with other males, females fight with females, and even a female fight with a male. The only way to be absolutely sure of what you have is to see a male call or to see the female back-patting or laying eggs.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I've found that there's no hard and fast rule when it comes to this. I've seen males fight with other males, females fight with females, and even a female fight with a male. The only way to be absolutely sure of what you have is to see a male call or to see the female back-patting or laying eggs.
And even that's not always a sure thing. I watched my 'pair' of tincs courting, complete with calling from one and following and back-patting from the other. Some 6 months or so down the road, the 'back-patter' started calling too. :D

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Oh, wow...and I thought I had it figured out. Lol!

So, now we're down solely to egg laying and calling...and I've read reports that even female Terribs can make some sort of call.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Aggression amongst D. tinctorius is complicated. That's why they are best kept in 1.1 pairs.

Good luck with them, Richard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And even that's not always a sure thing. I watched my 'pair' of tincs courting, complete with calling from one and following and back-patting from the other. Some 6 months or so down the road, the 'back-patter' started calling too. :D
Wow...I def. didn't expect a reply like this one, that's crazy. :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have 3 Males about a year old, that i bought as froglets and no fighting yet. If a group of frogs are raised together as froglets there is a greater chance that they will get along, verus introducing two matures together.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts