Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some wandering jew that I'm trying to make fill in the bottom half of my background, so naturally I want them to be nice and full as opposed to leggy. Is the best way to achieve this just trimming them back at the maximum height I want them?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've been told that increasing the intensity of the lighting will work, but I haven't put it to the test. I have the same problem as you though, mine comes in leggier than I want.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I fixed this problem by just replanting my clippings in-between the ones there. It looks like a mini forest of wandering Jew. I tried intense lights. They just grew taller and browned as they got closer to the light.

·
Registered
995 Posts
im surprised yours is so leggy, i've never seen leggy wandering jew. It has always been a dense jungle, but if you want it to become "fuller," it needs to be brighter...

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
Brighter light will reduce the stem distance between leaves to some extent but even in fairly bright light it is still going to be somewhat leggy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.