Dendroboard banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looking at the tank alone, I think two of those fit on a palette for ground shipping. No details yet but it looks like the sides and back may be alumalite or plastic ... which makes me wonder if they're exploring ways to flat pack.
Its designed so that the cabinetry, vivarium, light canopy, and stand can be broken down and shipped in one crate...

·
Vendor
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Impressive. And will just the tank alone be available for those of us who want a stripped down version to customize?
Right now, the Light Canopy integrates with the top of the vivarium so we could eliminate the glass bracing and improve the view inside. We might be able to work through that and offer other options in the future. But, not immediately.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Right now, the Light Canopy integrates with the top of the vivarium so we could eliminate the glass bracing and improve the view inside. We might be able to work through that and offer other options in the future. But, not immediately.
Looking forward to photos. I'm interested in both, but the way my frog room's set up and with my specific preferences on equipment, what I really need is multiple stripped down vivs that size.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It is a sump.... When you have water features in a vivarium, they benefit from filtration similar to aquatic tanks.
Any chance the front lower glass panel could be made deeper for the paludarium/non-dart frog crowd ? That's a nice sump you guys have designed and depending on it's size/hobbyist modifications itd be nice to have it filter about 50 to 100 gallons or so.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
Any chance the front lower glass panel could be made deeper for the paludarium/non-dart frog crowd ? That's a nice sump you guys have designed and depending on it's size/hobbyist modifications itd be nice to have it filter about 50 to 100 gallons or so.
Ooh, i dunno i could see someone spending high end for a quality paludarium-enabled environment with dart frogs in mind, and becoming yet another motivational obstacle of resistance.

Its terribly difficult as it is for hobby entering people to accept that a big body of water and a waterfall isnt a healthy dendro environment.

There are so many cool newts, and honestly Fire Bellied Toads are Spectacular animals with so much vitality.

But , i cant help thinkin that.

·
Vendor
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hello Dr -

Yes, that is entirely possible. We would go through a specification process with you to figure out what you want, and then make sure we can deliver.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I’ve been out of the hobby for a few years and only recently signed back on to see what’s new as I am planning out my next build. Boy am I glad I did because there are so many great posts as well as new items to try out, namely vivariums by In Situ! I will definitely be planning on the Amazonia from you folks and will post a build thread after completing my taxes this year haha. With that said I was stoked to see this Orinoco large format vivarium system you have on your website as it is awesome to have innovation once again come through to this hobby. One thing I was surprised about though was the cost! I am definitely not a cheapskate in any fashion, and I do believe you folks deserve every penny for your product based on everything that comes with it and all of the design and manufacturing effort that is involved with some system like this. However, when I saw the price on your website, haha, I was sure hoping it was in Rupees or some currency with a similar exchange rate lol! I was wondering if you folks offer just the vivarium in the large format size along with your lighting system and no cabinet or sump and other really cool bells and whistles. If yes, how much will that run one of us. If no, I totally understand and will still put it on the list of things to save up for. Again not bashing the price or anything, I was just surprised is all. I still think you guys are awesome for creating what you have created and have recommended you to some of my old frogger friends and I will be a customer of yours once I save up! Thank you 😊!

·
Vendor
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hi Rep! Yeah - it was a little surprising to use as well... Once we started adding up all the features, equipment, and costs, it was evident that quality is not inexpensive. Once we get this version set up, we will likely revisit the design again to see what we can do to trim and still not sacrifice performance... But, it will be a while... We're really busy with this design now...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Rep! Yeah - it was a little surprising to use as well... Once we started adding up all the features, equipment, and costs, it was evident that quality is not inexpensive. Once we get this version set up, we will likely revisit the design again to see what we can do to trim and still not sacrifice performance... But, it will be a while... We're really busy with this design now...
Absolutely understandable! Innovation definitely has a cost and I think I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate the innovation you folks are doing! It is appreciated because it means furthering our hobby that much more! Maybe in the future we can organize a group buy or something to try and save costs, but for now I think I will just get an Amazonia once I get my tax refund. Thanks again In Situ!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Definitely surprising. Your price for the basic vivarium -- no stand or cabinetry, no controllers or spot light capability -- I'm assuming that means just the viv ... and no lights? The copy isn't entirely clear to me -- overshot my back-of-napkin estimate by an order of magnitude. I can only assume inflation and supply chain issues factor into some increased materials costs, but after working out the USD to CAD exchange rate I can't wrap my head around the current pricing. I'm not afraid to spend money on my hobby -- those who've seen images of my frog room know I've sunk a few bucks into it, but I'm really curious to see what you're able to offer in the future in terms of something more stripped down as you figure things out.

The design is very impressive and I'm even more impressed that you're pushing the envelope with where someone can go with this hobby. It's about time someone stepped up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I’m sure pricing will come down some once they figure out efficiencies and stripping it down some to just tank , lights, and fans like the other vivs they currently offer. I would reasonably pay 900-1200 for that type of stripped down set-up no problem. For all of the tech they are including now in the large format pack and factoring in R&D, technology included, plus initial manufacturing costs and shipping, I can totally see the current price being what It is. I am holding out hope that the price for just the tank, lights and fans will be offered and then maybe a group price can be offered but either way I will still scoop up an Amazonia one in the near future though haha.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.