Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High Everyone!

A short while ago, we asked everyone whether they would want us to introduce a Large Format Vivarium (LFV), or a smaller one. So, we took the feedback to heart and are now in process of designing and delivering our first big one. Here are some renderings to see what we are up to... We'll post more build pictures as we go in the Parts and Construction Forum.

In Situ Team

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't tell from the photo, but what is that under the vivarium inside the stand? Almost looks like a sump like you would see on a reef tank.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well I thought I was done building tanks but that is really making me consider…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't give up hope. My wife said the same thing but changed her mind. It only took 18 months of slow convincing!
Lol I'll let you know how that one goes. 🤣
Tell her you’ll sell the first one once the new one is established. And then forget. The new one will get squatter rights
Ingenious!!! But...she def won't forget. That's my job. 😂

·
Registered
498 Posts
Designing this in Solidworks, eh? Cool. The lighting on top makes me wonder if UVB will be an option. The size of this could actually make it suitable for housing creatures larger than frogs and microgeckos too. That said, between the size, equipment, shipping, etc...I imagine this one costing about as much as a small car, haha.

·
Registered
567 Posts
... between the size, equipment, shipping, etc...I imagine this one costing about as much as a small car, haha.
Looking at the tank alone, I think two of those fit on a palette for ground shipping. No details yet but it looks like the sides and back may be alumalite or plastic ... which makes me wonder if they're exploring ways to flat pack.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lol I'll let you know how that one goes. 🤣

Ingenious!!! But...she def won't forget. That's my job. 😂
Now I catch her looking looking into the viv and taking pictures. She thought the Varadero carrying a tadpole on his back was so cool. A year and a half ago she was dead set on never having another viv because we don't have space. She still doesn't like the fruit flies. When I bought the media for the fruit flies, she couldn't believe it. "You're buying food for the food?!"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts