Dendroboard banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Not Canada but "Rio Canandé" in Ecuador. They are not O.Pumilio but O.Sylvatica.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Check out Joshua Richard's Twitter page, @MuddyBootsPeru for amazing dartfrog and other photograpy.

Ameerega Trivittata.

Ameerega Cainarachi.

Amereega Silverstonei.

Does anyone know the cause of the reports that Amereega Silverstonei loses coloration in captivity?

That one in the pic is absolutely on fire.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Does anyone know the cause of the reports that Amereega Silverstonei loses coloration in captivity?

That one in the pic is absolutely on fire.
I've seen them captive bred on fire aswell ;) Always raised on Super Pig.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
lots of in situ pics and some videos here of mantellas and histrionicas and sylvaticas

https://www.instagram.com/dartfrogs/
Yes and no.. To me this is the same as a regular searchengine like google where you type in "dart frogs". Even on this website it is equaly easy to find good in situ photo's than on the #dartfrogs Instagrampage.

+90% are not in situ fotos that are posted on #dartfrogs and most in situ photo hardly show their enviroment. So I don't think this is a good reference.

It's better to share links of wildlife photographers or researcher that almost post nothing else. :) If you see any pas by on #dartfrogs, please share!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
maybe you need to go through my accnt and see all kinds of in situ pics and habitat shots and videos before making that determination about it, there is a lot to go through, but up you.
please share your account! I would love to see it :) It's different than sharing a global hastag.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Mobile problems it seems... When I click on my pc I get on your account.
So thanks for explaining and great shots btw, keep on sharing!

·
Super Moderator
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
A nice rainforest tour mini-documentary in Panama. D. auratus, o. pumilio, Andinobates claudiae. Some talk about chytrid and local extirpation. Lots of dark understory and leaf litter. Love the leaf litter in these videos. :)

I don't have an ID for the dart at 10:20 (Phyllobates?) nor the tiny dark pumilio at 10:30.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts