Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'd decided to get into the fantastic hobby of darts. I have a few reptile members of my family so I have a decent idea of what I'm getting into. Iv also been lerking on this and a few other forums gather information. So this is where I need your help. I have this sunglass case I got from work. It measures 20"x20"x36".

when I saw it my head exploded with ideas. I was wondering what everyone else thought of it. It also has this locked door at the bottom that I thought would be a good place for cultures.

let me know what you all think. Co
ments, ideas, all welcome.

-Shawn

·
Registered
74 Posts
My first thought is thats awesome. Second thought is can you frog, fruitfly and springtail proof it?

Is it glass? or plexi? Plexi would warp, but my assumption is it is glass.

You could have fun with that. My only other concern is the bottom of the sunglass area, that "wood" area. That stuff warps, bubbles and falls apart if exposed to high humidity and/or water.

Just ideas.

-Wayne

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got it home to find out that there was really no way I could turn it into a viv for frogs. too many leaks could happen, in addition the sides were indeed plexi. I decided to use it for something different. My chameleon. Here are some shots of what I have done so far.
Light cut into the top

Secured and heat tested for 24 hours.

Rain spiral up and running. Works like a charm!

Drainage system. (so substrate for chameleons)

Rain bucket. and drainage bucket.

And a sneak peek of my next project...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts