Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pair of imitators were in my new frog room where the temps are 75-76 degrees all day dropping down to about 72 at night. I havent heard the male call since. I moved them into a warmer area, about 80 degrees, due to the hurricane that was susposed to hit here, and he has called tons of times today. What has everybody noticed their preffered temperature is?

G

·
0 Posts
What could be causing him to become more active is the drop in barametric pressure with the approaching hurricane .I know after awhile of high pressure here if a change in the weather is coming all my frogs start calling more and become more active.
As for the temperature they prefer, I have had mine call and everything with the top of their tank, in a 20 vert, the top has been up to 86 and the bottom was close to 80 and they stayed up at the top.Even with a wide varience in temps they liked it on the high side.
Mark W.

G

·
0 Posts
That's interesting Mark, we keep ours in temps from 69-78 internal. At times they are a bit fickle breeders for us. May be time to experiment.

Rich

G

·
0 Posts
I'm not saying my tanks are that warm all the time. That was last summer one time when our air conditioner wasn't on and when I got home from work I was kind of worried.The temps didn't seem to bother them at all but I did get it lowered.Here, in Iowa, they seem to quit breeding during the summer but that could also be because they are tending tads at that time too.At least that was how it was last summer.
There are 2 froglets they raised up in the tank with them now and they haven't bred again since those came out of the water a month or so ago.
I am doing some rearrangeing now so the change in their setup has triggered other imis I have had before so maybe they will get going again for me soon.I'm going to try setting them up as a 1.2 and see how that works out.I'll keep everyone posted on this to see if it works out for me.I have heard it does with other people.
Mark W.

G

·
0 Posts
My imitator tank runs at 75-81 during the day and drops to 68-70 at night.
They call all the time sometimes even at 1-2 am (lights run from 8am-8pm)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts