Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It's odd that it would stop calling. I imagine there must have been some significant change in conditions to cause that.

if they were 2 males would they fight or would one keep there head down?
In my experience with imitator, one is more likely to hide or keep away from the dominant one most of the time.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I don't think the ventilation is an issue. Mine breed nonstop, despite not misting them for weeks and with an inch vent in a 10 gallon terrarium. You've got a minor mystery on your hands I think! Maybe you do have a pair but it's strange that nothing's happening.

I love that terrarium! Where did you get it or did you make it? If it's commercially available I may have to pick a few up next time I'm in England.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Haha, I will, thank you :). I haven't been in a few years but I used to live in Bristol.

The way you described that terrarium is how I convert the zoo med and exo terra terrariums here. I get a piece of glass cut to replace the lid that leaves a gap of about 2.5 inches at the front. I then make a vent (a la Shawn Harrington's how-to on dendroboard), and it goes at the front. I put very fine mesh (no-see-um) in the bottom vent and silicone the doors so the flies can't escape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.