Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received two intermediuses from a reputable sponsor. He placed varoius Ima together trying two get me a sexed pair. He believed he got one because the male when placed with all others would fight with the exception of one of them which would follow the other around. I have bad them in a ten gallon vert nicely planted and with plenty of leaf litter and microfauna for about 2 months now. This morning I checked on them and saw the male on the female giving her the good old bear hug. They broke up when they saw me so I waited a few minutes and it started again. Fearing for the "female", I put them in separate tanks. Was this courting and I broke up something good. Or do I have 2 of the same sex. If so is this male on male. I have not heard any calling but if I play a male call be the tank the one on top goes crazy and starts too investigate where the sound is coming from. Help please?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
It sounds more like aggression to me. If you prepare a temporary holding container, capture the known male and put him in the temp holding container, you can check it out. Mist the viv at least several times a day and watch/listen for calling. Put the known male in a different room for a while so you will know it if you hear calling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts