Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first imitator froglet. Should I keep them in the tank with the parents until they are more mature or pull them and put them in a grow out tank? What does everyone else do? Any special precautions that I should be made aware of? This is my first imitator froglet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what i do is keep them in groups of 3 in 190 ounce containers with sphagnum moss and some small plant

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hiya mate.

If I find any viv raised froglets I typically leave them in the viv for the simple fact that I'm terrible at catching frogs nevermind miniscule freshly morphed ones.

I left 2 viv raised Imi froglets in the adults viv (only 12x12x18 Exo) and they have gotten along just fine until this past week (now about 5months OOW).

Now that the juvs have gotten to competing size to the parents, the adult male has been fairly aggressive to one of them in particular so I have removed them to a froglet grow out tubs.

The only problem that most have with leaving freshly morphed froglets in the viv with their parents is the matter of competition for food.

Many feel (and rightfully so) that it is best removing them to a smaller growout where they can feed without the added stress of the adults guzzling everything.

Best regards,
Richie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts