Dendroboard banner

Imitator fighting (pic inside)

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  kyle1745 
#1 ·
Ok 2 of my male imitators have started to do some WWF style wrestling. They have been going at it all day today, and whats funny is that the smaller on keep trying to push the larger to the ground. The larger one just keeps walking around like normal calling like mad. I hope I don;t have to split them up, they have never been this aggressive before.

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Kyle,
I had the same thing going on with 2 females last weekend.They went at it for about 8 hours so I pulled one. Were yours raised together as froglets?
I was told that the best way to get alot more breeding out of imitators by having a 1.2 but come to find out it is best to have them all raised together as froglets.
Mark

#5 ·
Yes these 2 males were raised together and have been in the tank for about a year and a half. Now the female has not been in there more than 6 months, but they have been producing. There has been some chasing in the past, but not full no holds bared fighting... The one had the other pined on its back earlier. I may have to seperate them, which will be too bad.

#6 ·
Enjoy the show

Kyle,

Enjoy the show, it is a hoot to watch. They will get the dominance thing figured out, what is important to watch for is one of the males slimming down and getting stressed. Another point, watch any water areas in your tank closely...they like to dunk each other and pin each other under water.

Melis

G
#9 ·
Call me crazy, but I like to wait a while and see who wins for good, and then I pull out the loser. Strong genes and all that.

Of course I watch carefully and make sure there is no mortality, since the frogs cannot escape one another due to the enclosed habitat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.