Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am familiar with the rearing process when my azureus or tincs lay in petri dishes, but am confused with how to handle my imitator's eggs. They're laying them on the glass walls; do I leave them in place and let the frogs deal with the tadpoles? Do I scrape the eggs off, put 'em in dishes and treat as my other frog's eggs?
Thanks in advance,
Scott

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
You could scrape em off very carefully with a flat razor and transfer them to a petri dish and raise em like tinc tads, or you could do what I would do and that would be wait for the parents to transfer the tads to a water source and take them ou then.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Hey Scott,

Nice to see you on the board!

I have had the best success with eggs laid on the glass when I leave them on there until they begin to develop and then remove them from the glass.

Using a razor blade will work to scrap them off.

Hope that helps.

Melis

SMenigoz said:
I am familiar with the rearing process when my azureus or tincs lay in petri dishes, but am confused with how to handle my imitator's eggs. They're laying them on the glass walls; do I leave them in place and let the frogs deal with the tadpoles? Do I scrape the eggs off, put 'em in dishes and treat as my other frog's eggs?
Thanks in advance,
Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts