Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone
Just wondering if someone can tell me a good place to buy an imitator sized cage. Prefferably cheap.
Thanks

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Here are a couple ideas:

1. ten gallon then make it a vert tank, about $8-10 for the tank, and 10-15 for lid.
2. Buy a 15gal high, about $19 for the tank and 10-15 for the glass lid

Froggt said:
Hey everyone
Just wondering if someone can tell me a good place to buy an imitator sized cage. Prefferably cheap.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I had a broken hex tank (small one ) and replaced all the glass in it with 6 panels of 7"X24" glass and have 3 imi's in there. It has been about a year and they are doing well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What ratio of imitators do you have in that hex tank? I have 2.1 in a 20H vertical and the alpha male has been a little pushy towards the slightly smaller male. The smaller male is doing ok and doesn't seem affected by this. All 3 are very FAT. I'm definitely keeping my eyes on the 2 though.

-Bill J.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
well...we have two males for sure and one younger one that we are obviously hoping is a female, it is around ten months out of the water. We haven't witnessed the new one calling, so we think it's female, but we're not sure yet. They don't seem to bother each other too much. I'll post some pix of the viv and the frogs someday... :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kyle1745 said:
Here are a couple ideas:

1. ten gallon then make it a vert tank, about $8-10 for the tank, and 10-15 for lid.

Froggt said:
Hey everyone
Thanks
were did you get a 15 high for 19 dollers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dancing frogs said:
well...we have two males for sure and one younger one that we are obviously hoping is a female, it is around ten months out of the water. We haven't witnessed the new one calling, so we think it's female, but we're not sure yet. They don't seem to bother each other too much. I'll post some pix of the viv and the frogs someday... :roll:
The oldest is 10 months out of the water? Compared to the other 2, how much of a size difference are you seeing? The female that I have is 5 months old and a head longer than the calling male. While she hasn;t produced for me yet, the calling male has shown interest in her alot lately so I'm pretty sure it's a female. She's looking fatter everyday...;)

-Bill J.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Petsmart...

Jeremy said:
kyle1745 said:
Here are a couple ideas:

Froggt said:
Hey everyone
Thanks
were did you get a 15 high for 19 dollers

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
GET EM BREEDING!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED A FEMALE! :)

BillJohnson said:
Dancing frogs said:
The oldest is 10 months out of the water? Compared to the other 2, how much of a size difference are you seeing? The female that I have is 5 months old and a head longer than the calling male. While she hasn;t produced for me yet, the calling male has shown interest in her alot lately so I'm pretty sure it's a female. She's looking fatter everyday...;)

-Bill J.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Let me clarify... the two known males are of unkown age, I got them from someone who had enough males already. That was around a year ago. The third is the youngest one...I recieved that one in september. I'm on Saurian's wait list for three more imitators so hopefully I will have at least a pair out of the group.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I'm on the list for 4 more also, but its been a slow moving list.

Dancing frogs said:
Let me clarify... the two known males are of unkown age, I got them from someone who had enough males already. That was around a year ago. The third is the youngest one...I recieved that one in september. I'm on Saurian's wait list for three more imitators so hopefully I will have at least a pair out of the group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts