Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
My name is Jeremy Im from Miami, FL and 5 years ago i was in the hobby but do to college i needed to jump out for a bit. Now that i got my career stabled, i decided to continue the hobby.
Below are some pics on a new viv i just finished, I wanted to get back in with a bang so i made an 18x18 Exo. Please feel free to share your thoughts.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome back! I love the red broms, where did you get em? Any idea what will be housed in there? I'd toss some leaf litter in there but I really like the assortment of plants!

Shaw

·
Registered
50 Posts
In addition to needing leaf litter, i think some of those plants are going to outgrow the space... Staghorn ferns get huge and the alocasia will start reaching for light.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Welcome back! The tank looks really nice, I like all of the nice brom colors. My only suggestion would be to put leaf litter over the dirt/coco-fiber section because the frogs can get stressed when the dirt sticks to them.
Bryan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for making me feel at home again. I’m def going to take your advice on the leaf litter.

Laylow- The broms came from a local nursery that specializes with assortments of broms and air plants, even some orchids as well.

Uniceros- Your right about the plants overgrowing the area. I got so excited shopping for plants that I forgot about the space I was working with. I guess ill adjust the tank as it grows.

Reef_Haven- The substrate is a brick of coco, I did boarder the outside with sphagnum so the substrate doesn’t fall into the pond area. I also removed the soil from all the plants prior to transplanting them in the new substrate I created.

As for frogs, I will be housing a pair of tincs so if anyone has a pair for sale please message me with some info. I would like to purchase within the next 2 weeks.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also, make sure you have fruit fly proofed the vivarium, like no-see-um netting over the vents and sealing the top of the enclosure by putting a piece of glass over it to keep up the humidity. (Didn't know if you did this, couldn't quite tell from the pictures) Good luck and welcome back into the hobby!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts