Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to this forum and have questions.

I own a insitu Amazonia and I made it have 3 drip walls….I would like all walls with moss and the drip wall going 24/7 into a bottom that would be moss as well. Which moss would you recommend? The moss would not be under water but it would be constantly wet and pretty well lighted. Should I have different moss on the sides and the bottom?

3rd question is I am also looking for a nice flowering plant that would be a cool center piece for this, it would be potted a little off the ground with drainage, any ideas? If possible

thank you :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
christmas moss, Java moss, mini xmas moss, flame moss, peacock moss, fern moss, even moss from outside will likely work.
For the centerpiece, multiple different plants will look better than just 1. You could have a bromeliad, surrounded by various other plants such as philodendrons, mini neoregelias, episcias, vines, you name it.
A pic of your tank would help others to give better suggestions, good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the ideas! I have some Java moss coming in but not enough and bromeliads, I like the look of Christmas moss better but I was told Java would be better for the conditions (forgot the reason) flame grass would be cool for the bottom it just wouldn’t stand like in a aquarium…here is a picture remember it’s my first tank so mistakes have been happening (a lot) so forgive the tik tak work. I was thinking of adding another layer a lil higher up

When you order foam off Amazon make sure they send you the right color before you start to use it…it was all I had..

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
It will automatically look a lot better once you cover up the white foam. I also see some rather large globs of silicon, you could easily pick them off with your hands. Nice marcgravia btw👍Keep up the good work, and remember that we learn from our mistakes, not our success.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts