Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am looking for ideas on how to keep extra broms. I have a number of pups I need to remove, but have no place to put them. I've seen some people keep them in a tank with the light fixture stuff on the bottom.

Anyone have any pics of where/how they keep extra plants? I have a couple larger broms I need to remove, but want to keep them going.

Thanks for any ideas,

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I keep all my extra broms on a 4 x 6 platform on the side of my house, with some shade cloth, because the florida sun will burn them pretty quick. I have about 50 out there of various sizes and they all do great.

G

·
0 Posts
I got this idea from Ben Green so he gets the credit.What he showed me and I did was to take an extra tank and elevate some eggcrate and put the stems thru the grids.It worked great for me until I needed them.
MW

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is kinda what I want to do, do you have a pic of it?

Mark Wilson said:
I got this idea from Ben Green so he gets the credit.What he showed me and I did was to take an extra tank and elevate some eggcrate and put the stems thru the grids.It worked great for me until I needed them.
MW

G

·
0 Posts
Hi

I use this way to keep all tropical plants for my terrariums... An old big aquarium tank closed with plastic film with an elevated plateform to put the plants above the water...

With a fluorescent tube, it is ideal to grow plants from terrarium cuttings :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
I spoke to harry at cloud jungle on this exact thing this afternoon. He suggested that you place them in an empty pot. Fill the axils with water and make sure there is no standing water around the plants. He suggested using LECA or styrofoam peanuts to keep the plants elevated from the bottom of the pot so the roots don't rot. Good luck.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But will the humidity be high enough?

jjhikel said:
I spoke to harry at cloud jungle on this exact thing this afternoon. He suggested that you place them in an empty pot. Fill the axils with water and make sure there is no standing water around the plants. He suggested using LECA or styrofoam peanuts to keep the plants elevated from the bottom of the pot so the roots don't rot. Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
I guess I'll find out...

kyle1745 said:
But will the humidity be high enough?

jjhikel said:

·
Registered
986 Posts
kyle1745 said:
I bets its already too cold here. Its been getting down to 60 or so at times at night.

Ryan said:
I just put them outside and they take off.
For most neo's, you can go down to 50 without much problem. I have a neo 'red bird' x 'fireball' right now that sits on my back porch with morning sun in a pot full of coco husk chips. As long as the cup is full of water, it will be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts