Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a viv that i would like to add inhabitants ...It is constructed of foam with coco fiber glued on with drift wood and moss growing here and there.

The bottom is all water with plants and large piece of drift wood connecting with the rest of the tank. I call it the "island" as its covered with plant matter and moss.

The tank has about 4-5 inches of water, enough to cover the mini pump for the water feature that runs through the drift wood creating a waterfall effect (slow waterfall) Also has separate filter for filtration.

What are some suggestions as far as possible dart frogs go? Or any other inhabitant that could go in there.

I appreciate all the help ahead of time... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say no to dart frogs, as it sounds like there is not a lot of ground space for them. Maybe some aquatic frogs?
I was leaning that way as well, i dont find aquatic frogs active enough - what about a lizard or any other options?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have a viv that i would like to add inhabitants ...It is constructed of foam with coco fiber glued on with drift wood and moss growing here and there.

The bottom is all water with plants and large piece of drift wood connecting with the rest of the tank. I call it the "island" as its covered with plant matter and moss.

The tank has about 4-5 inches of water, enough to cover the mini pump for the water feature that runs through the drift wood creating a waterfall effect (slow waterfall) Also has separate filter for filtration.

What are some suggestions as far as possible dart frogs go? Or any other inhabitant that could go in there.

I appreciate all the help ahead of time... :)
I agree, no darts for that tank they need land not water. Maybe some sort of tree frog that likes to be near water? Sorry I don't have any other specific suggestions.
Good luck,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
(Beware: Shameless begging for pics below!)
A photo of your tank would help give us an idea of what might work well in it.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I've been considering keeping fishing spiders. I think your tank might work. Pics would be helpful, or at least give us the dimensions. Please, though, next time, design the tank around the animal.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Theloderma asperum, as well - and a lot less likely to destroy plants!

Depending if you can provide a bit of land and shallow area, Bombina sp. may be worth looking at. Active, colorful, and out during the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts