Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these pictures from my backyard. I like the first one the most, give me tips to make a tank looking like these. Thanks!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't get your question. Use the pictures as a template and go from there?

First thing I'd do is identify what it is you like about the pictures. The grasses? Wood placement? Mosses? Colors? Is it the texture of the bark on the tree? Find out what it is you want to replicate exactly and then research ways to duplicate it.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get your question. Use the pictures as a template and go from there?

First thing I'd do is identify what it is you like about the pictures. The grasses? Wood placement? Mosses? Colors? Is it the texture of the bark on the tree? Find out what it is you want to replicate exactly and then research ways to duplicate it.
I really like the wood and root placement, very interested in the color, the texture, and I love the dark green and brown coloring. I've never attempted to make fake wood or replicate anything, and I think it'll be fun. Left this out: Yes, as a template for my build. lol ANOTHER thing I left out: I really like the first picture because it has LOTS of foliage in the background and some grass in the front, though I might not use grasses.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That would be fun. I know that you can mold a lot of stuff out of various foams, or you can hunt down some driftwood that has that same look to it. If you do foams you have the chance to either make something great or end up with something you're not happy with (depending on your artistic abilities. I know anything I'd make/paint up would probably end up looking like a turd...)

Some of the more viney looking roots have been made using rope as the base material.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be fun. I know that you can mold a lot of stuff out of various foams, or you can hunt down some driftwood that has that same look to it. If you do foams you have the chance to either make something great or end up with something you're not happy with (depending on your artistic abilities. I know anything I'd make/paint up would probably end up looking like a turd...)

Some of the more viney looking roots have been made using rope as the base material.
My artistic skills on a scale of 1-10, -100! I suck at art. But i'd give it a try. I like the smooth feel of the first pic with lots of creaves and stuff, I think it'd be really hard to replicate it.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to take a f*ucking chainsaw and cut the root off that falled tree and pop it in, it's perfect! It has really nice mosses growing on it. Can I use acrilic paint to make it look like that? I was thinking carving it out with a hot knife or something then painting it with a very dark brown paint then add some dabs of really dark green and black. How can I make that dark color in the gaps so realistic though? I turned down the lighting on my camera for the first pic, to give it an amazing look.

·
Registered
529 Posts
There is no human problem that the proper application of explosives cannot solve, therefore i shall bring the C4. Ill get that root for ya.
-scotty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts