Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im finding SEVERAL of these all around my place lately ;(
What are they? what can i do?
Don't mind the guts coming out... had to squish it a bit to make it stop moving!

·
Registered
106 Posts
... That's a pretty disturbing statement man.. I think many keep dart frogs as a hobby because of an innate respect for living creatures big AND small. I dont know if killing a bug to keep him from moving so you can take a picture of it will be well received.

I dont know what kind of beetle it is.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... That's a pretty disturbing statement man.. I think many keep dart frogs as a hobby because of an innate respect for living creatures big AND small. I dont know if killing a bug to keep him from moving so you can take a picture of it will be well received.
if you cant make difference between a bug and an animal, then i dunno
also, what do your frogs eat btw?

but you must be kidding... if not I ll just pass on that comment

they re larder beetles
I ve found they re the stuffs that often comes with crickets... seems like i been invaded hah :p
they re "good" pest tho since they eat dead stuffs

·
Registered
106 Posts
if you cant make difference between a bug and an animal, then i dunno
also, what do your frogs eat btw?

but you must be kidding... if not I ll just pass on that comment

they re larder beetles
I ve found they re the stuffs that often comes with crickets... seems like i been invaded hah :p
they re "good" pest tho since they eat dead stuffs
First of all, insects are animals.

Second of all, frogs eating bugs to survive is a lot different than killing a bug to take a picture of it.

Third, I am not kidding.

Killing a bug in a humane way to study or add it to a collection is one thing. I am not coming down on you or judging your actions, I just wanted to point out that you may not be well received on this forum. Of course I could be wrong!

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
It could be a dermestid beetle.. there are several beetles that colloquially go under the name of larder beetle.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts