Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on buying some D. Leucomelas but when i asked Patrick Neibors if he had any available he said he wouldnt have any ready for weeks ( i know i could buy from someone else) but i decided to research some other frogs i liked and i noticed that auratus like to climb a lot as well which is exactly what i wanted because my tank is 13x13x26 (inches LxWxH). I also like the colors/pattern of D. auratus better as well. So really what im looking for is are they shy like some souces claim and how do people feel about theirs? Also if anyone has both can i get some pros and cons of each. Thanks a lot.

-Bryan

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have both, and I only like the leucs more because of their nice bird-like call. My blue auratus arent shy, they are always out, same with the leucs. I presonally like both. My blue auratus climb a little bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the blues

i like the blues just because of there coloration and the fact i can get them to breed. I am biased to the blue auratus because my first frog was a blue auratus.

Justin

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The blue auratus that have been in the hobby for years are a little shy. The turquoise blue that were imported from Panama a couple years ago are not shy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my luecs from Bill (quality exotics) back in August or late July and they are doing great. I wanted to get luecs from Patric but he didnt have any so i went with bill and am really glad i did. If u dont want to wait too much longer go with bill he is a nice guy and really helpfull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts