Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if using co2 injection to supplement and give the plants a boost. does anyone actually do it and does it help and how long do you do it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt that anyone would do this to terrestrial plants in a viv because CO2 is more dense than oxygen and would displace the oxygen in the tank - endangering the froggie inhabitants and the microfauna in the viv.
Thank you glad I didn't do it lol. :p

·
Registered
359 Posts
Think this can be done right after you introduced the plants & before introducing the microfauna.
I'll gong to CO2 bomb my new viv this weekend.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Think this can be done right after you introduced the plants & before introducing the microfauna.
I'll gong to CO2 bomb my new viv this weekend.
Right. It's great to kill off parasites or mites or something that may have gotten into the viv and also gives your plants a boost. But it will kill off any animal life. So you'll need to take out the frogs and re seed all of your microfauna.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I was wondering if using co2 injection to supplement and give the plants a boost. does anyone actually do it and does it help and how long do you do it.
CO2 is a limiting growth factor in submerged plant growth but it isn't a limiting factor for plants grown emersed or terrestrially.... So not only is it a risk for the frogs and other animals as pointed out above, it is unnecessary. There is a good discussion on this in Ecology of the Planted Aquarium (Echinodorus Press).

Ed

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CO2 is a limiting growth factor in submerged plant growth but it isn't a limiting factor for plants grown emersed or terrestrially.... So not only is it a risk for the frogs and other animals as pointed out above, it is unnecessary. There is a good discussion on this in Ecology of the Planted Aquarium (Echinodorus Press).

Ed
I didn't do it thanks for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts