Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about breeding clown frogs as well as other types of tree frogs now i have heard and read info on rain chambers and all that but there doesn't seem to be enough info that i can find does any one have any info they would like to share on the subject?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Use the search button to find most anything you could ever want to know. If you can't find it on this site use google. The info is out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Heres a result of a dead search...Would have been nice if someone would have answered his question...back to re-wording and more searching.

·
Registered
4 Posts
+1....

I've been lurking for awhile now..... I really hate when someone says "use the search button". Cant we all help each other out and be nice????? If someone posts something that has been answered before, and you know for a fact. Why cant we find that post and put up a link for the OP????? It would be nice if everyone would help each other.

End rant.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Use the search button to find most anything you could ever want to know. If you can't find it on this site use google. The info is out there.
Seriously? Use Google? This forum is for gathering and sharing information about frogs and other amphibians. Not for pushing away to use other websites. Its people like you that give the forum a bad name.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I really didn't think I would be attacked by wording it that way, but I guess I'm not surprised...
Numerous people had viewed this post and no one had responded to it, so I figured I'd be the first to offer my quick tip as I don't always have the leisure time and/or ability to find all the answers. Many newbies have no idea about the search feature so I figured that would be a good direction to start instead of having NO ONE RESPOND AT ALL. Answering everything that entails breeding clown tree frogs, AND breeding "other" tree frogs, AND building a rain chamber would be quite a long post. To add to that there is not much information offered about breeding Clown Tree frogs on DENDROboard so I thought it would be fair to recommend a reliable search engine.
I understand "where I went wrong", but is there really any point in bashing someone for not "helping out" when you've not offered any help of your own? You've only succeeded in discouraging those whom are genuinely trying to help from being the first to respond again, or second guess if they should even respond at all. I was only trying to leave him with more then he started with.

Clown Treefrog Care and Breeding

Clown Tree Frogs Dendropsophus leucophyllatus

Now I have. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You weren't being bashed because you were the first person to respond, it was because you told someone to use Google, over helping them out. Thank you for the links, I'm sure they will be helpful. Sorry for being so harsh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really didn't think I would be attacked by wording it that way, but I guess I'm not surprised...
Numerous people had viewed this post and no one had responded to it, so I figured I'd be the first to offer my quick tip as I don't always have the leisure time and/or ability to find all the answers. Many newbies have no idea about the search feature so I figured that would be a good direction to start instead of having NO ONE RESPOND AT ALL. Answering everything that entails breeding clown tree frogs, AND breeding "other" tree frogs, AND building a rain chamber would be quite a long post. To add to that there is not much information offered about breeding Clown Tree frogs on DENDROboard so I thought it would be fair to recommend a reliable search engine.
I understand "where I went wrong", but is there really any point in bashing someone for not "helping out" when you've not offered any help of your own? You've only succeeded in discouraging those whom are genuinely trying to help from being the first to respond again, or second guess if they should even respond at all. I was only trying to leave him with more then he started with.

Clown Treefrog Care and Breeding

Clown Tree Frogs Dendropsophus leucophyllatus

Now I have. Hope this helps.
I didnt mean my post to be directed to you personally. I ment as an over all to everyone. It just really pushes that button when someone posts "use the search button", its just old. It just seems people are lazy and dont wanna help anyone. I'm one of the officers on a reef forum. One of our rules is NOT to tell people to use the search button. If someone asks a question, and we know the answer, wether it was posted yesterday we give them the answer there looking for. I will NEVER say "use the search button". I just think its a cop out. Sorry if I offended you.

By the way, thanks for the links everyone!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thank you guys! Hopefully this will help Kagekiki as well! I was doing a search on rain chambers and breeding as well, but 80% of what I bring up is dead info with someone stating to search or talking nonsense. I just personally hate when I see it because all you are looking for is answers. I totally understand where you are coming from FrogFever. Especially if someone is just making new topics because they are lazy. But if the information isnt coming up then it makes it difficult. I might have been wording things wrong for when I was searching myself. But this thread was about the 11th I came up with, and nothing useful put towards it at that point in time. So that is why I commented! But I do appreciate you(frogfever) and Jpstod for posting the links! I will be checking those out myself as well!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
email Mike Novy of Rain Forest Junkies....he breeds alot of treefrogs including clowns....he would be able to help you out a bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Honestly if you want something bad enough wouldn't you ask here then go looking on your own at other websites while you wait for responses. No one here is obligated to answer a question if they do not want to.Alort of people are lazy and want everyone else to do the work for them. If you add examples of websites or search the forums for previous posts alot of the times you an find someone who breeds them and ask the question diretly to the breeder through pm

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well thank you all for input i have been doing google serchs but coming up empty on alot of stuff but the stuff you all linked me seems to have a little more merrit to it. I am new to frog breeding but not new to animals in general i am a leo gecko and ball python guy. (among other things i like alot of stuff) but frogs seem to be that one animal that seems very hard up for info on how to breed so i figured i would ask to see if any one knew of anything else that i didn't but again thank you all for your effort to locate me some info i didn't happen to come up with in my serchs i will use it and let you know how it goes :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts