Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At my local petsmart they now have 70g tall all glass side opening hinged tanks. Its just sitting there asking me to buy it! The only thing I dont like is that it comes with a built in screen top. Has anyone else seen these there?

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
Hmm Might have to make a trip to the local one to see if they have one...

*GREASER* said:
At my local petsmart they now have 70g tall all glass side opening hinged tanks. Its just sitting there asking me to buy it! The only thing I dont like is that it comes with a built in screen top. Has anyone else seen these there?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yea, my local PetsMart has had them for a while. The only thing is that they are being marketed for chameleons, they are not to be used to hold water, and they crack very easily. They have one on Display that they use. I know that they have thrown one out because the hinges broke of.
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Why can't I live near Petsmarts like these? All mine have are those Apogee Reptariums (which of course are entirely unsuitable) and Lizard Lounges. What company makes this thing, so I can look elsewhere?

G

·
Since when did ppl start keeping chameleons in tanks?
$170 sounds a bit high, especially if it's not meant to hold water and therefore made out of cheaper materials than similiarly overpriced aquariums. It may be worth the while to, for the same price or cheaper, find a custom tanker. I know one in the mid to lower michigan area who is really reasonable, if anyone's interested. He does great work.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If it's $170, then you're better off buying an 80 gallon aquarium. They genarally go for $189 in my area, and I was in Petco today and they had them marked down to $150. I had to keep my hand off my wallet the whole time.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Arklier how do you like your 37cube? I got two of the 30g cubes with stands. If you have any pics ide love to see how you have it set up. They make such nice display tanks, it sux that they are cramed in my room with all my other crap ide really like to have them in a room with more space and let them be the center of attention instead of being serounded by my dirty cloths.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so the tank I was talking abotu in the start of this post has droped to 99$! This is taking some serious self control not to buy. 99$ is a good deal for the tank but after lightng, materials and frogs its a major investment. And it has a one of those screen lids that is build in and slides in and out and I dont really like those.

G

·
Arklier said:
If it's $170, then you're better off buying an 80 gallon aquarium. They genarally go for $189 in my area, and I was in Petco today and they had them marked down to $150. I had to keep my hand off my wallet the whole time.
You can never go by petcos prices they are always higher you can find them cheaper and pet land and some aquarium stores if you look around enough I bought my boyfirend a 75gallon tank for his birhtday and I got the tank, light, glass top, sand and some fish for $200. I made firends with one of the guys at the store and I go there all the time so when I told him I was looking for a tank he said he would sell me the 75 gallon for $90 which was the best price I found. I am going to buy a 40gallon breeder for $40 :D

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Chemleon tanks at petsmart

The orignally talked about 70 gal chameleon tank is not suitable for the dart frogs (I work part time at one through college, I took plenty of time to study these tanks!) and that said, isn't suited for the chameleons they are marketed for either. I usually recomend them for arboreal lizards not needing super high humidity. There are too many ways for fruit flies to get out, and probibly frogs as well, and they do not hold water so false bottoms and gravel with sitting water isn't going to work. Keeping the humidity up would also be very hard. If you are looking for a nice tank like that, talk to the dollar-per-gallon people (http://www.glasscages.com), they will make custom tanks for you that include side doors if you want. Patrick's 15 gallons with doors he shows on his site are from them. The price will be more than a dollar a gallon, but you get a good tank thats actually worth your money.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im gonna start checking the trash soon. Dumpster diving at the pet store is going to be interesting. some friends of mine did some dumpster diving at a photo place and found a bunce of naked pictures of people![/b]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts