Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an 85-gallon terrarium it has about 20 gallons of water on the bottom at about 5-6 inches deep. It has about 40 tetras, lots of different kinds. The back of the tank is drilled to allow water in and out. Along with fog, there are LED lights placed through out the tank to help bring the aquarium to life. There are over a dozen different kinds of plans growing in side and well established. There are some tree frogs that live in the canopy.
The stand is in great shape the glass has zero scratches. There are a number of timers that come with it. I’m using a Fluva XL5 canister filter worth 300 dollars new.
This is an amazing setup. With very little work needed to keep it running. All I do is feed them once a day, fill the fog machine with water when it runs out. And the typical water changes. At night there is a single led light that simulates the moon. Around 6AM a few more LEDs turn on to simulate dawn. Along with the under water lights, these lights can change colors if you like. Around 8 am, some bright white LEDs turn on to begin the day. At 10 and then again at noon, the four foot fluorescents turn on, this give the plants and animals the needed sun light. As the day goes on the lights will one by one shut off. It experiences sun set and dusk again colors can be used for this.
Along with the lights this tank will rain 2 or 3 times a day, it will have wind flow periodically, there are two river that are set to a timer as well, they can run all day or set to flow off and on. The fog is set to come and go in the morning and evenings; of course any of the timers can be set to your preferences.
The false bottom works like a sump, the heater and pump are in the false bottom, but is still easily accessible the under water cave is accessible as well the top of the cave is removable for deep cleaning. The current is set so water flows out of the cave.
The entire tank is sealed there is no smell what so ever coming from it; inside the tank the smell is not bad, it smells like a rain forest.

So if you could tell me what i can get out of it.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
From the pics, it looks like you put quite a bit of time and money into this. As far as estimating a value, it is really only worth what someone will pay, if this makes sense. This can obviously vary greatly based on the area you are in and the economic condition of said area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a good point. i would like to get back what i put in but more important i would like get back enough to make another, the second one is always cheaper.
I know that the price will vary but i would appreciate it if you could tell me what its worth to you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice setup, why not keep it and just build a second one? That would be difficult to relocate without damaging something and it'd be a shame to lose such a nice setup.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I hate to tell you this, but unless you are an established business with an established clientele, like doctors offices and the like, you will rarely get out of it, what you put into it. Around here, we see reef tanks, fish tanks, and vivs go for pennies on the dollar.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Agreed. I understand people want to ge their money back, but really the chances are slim. It's a pretty nIce looking tank. Maybe open it up to offers from locals and see what you get. I'm sure there's peoe out there wanting a plug and play tank.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
It really is nice work though. Good looking viv.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts