Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I know that this topic has been covered before, but I thought I would run it by again quickly. I just adhered Cocos panels with Window and Door Silicone 11 via caulking gun. I used a seperate smaller tube of silicone to seal off the bottom of a 10 gallon vert. I just started to read the smaller tube and it is Aluminum & Metal Silicone 11, which got me reading both labels more closely!?!? Both tubes have a 'not for' list which includes aquariums!?!? I think people are using Window and Door Silicone 11 with no problems, but will Aluminum & Metal Silicone 11 work?

Thanks in advance,

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
I prefer GE Silicone II. If it's "pure" silicone - you're safe.

About the only thing to worry about are silicones that add anti-mode agents.

The warning you saw comes on most every "general" silicone there is and is nothing to worry about.

I do like to stick to silicones that say they're for the kitchen though (rather than window/door).

s

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott,

Both were the GE brand...not so sure on purity. *EDIT* Both say 100% Silicone Sealant. Do you think that I'm ok then?

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
I think so - make sure you get the GE II next time (I think Tad is right so I'm removing the bit about the Kitchen...).

100% Silicone is what you want so I'd say you're good to go.

s
dmartin72 said:
Both were the GE brand...not so sure on purity. *EDIT* Both say 100% Silicone Sealant. Do you think that I'm ok then?

G

·
0 Posts
I've always used the window door... you definitately want to stay away from the bathroom as that inclued mold inhibitors that can hurt frogs. I don't know if I've seen any that said "for kitchen use."

-Tad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts