Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, from another thread I tried bowl feeding my RETF's from a bowl. The male is still quite skinny the female is quite rotund. She ate all the crickets from the bowl while the male was still wandering around on the glass. Should I separate the two? Don't want to, but dang I think this could escalate. I'll post some pics when I find a USB cord...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes, if he is skinny enough for you to have started worrying about him , then I would definatly seperate them for the time being. That way the male won't have to compete for food, and you can more easily observe his behavior. I'd keep him seperated until he starts eating regularly and has put some weight back on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Maybe try removing the female so not to stress out the male.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of removing the male. Don't know whether there is a problem or not, but I do know that the first part of the evening the guy sticks to the front glass like glue. I'll watch for a little longer. Really hate to separate them..Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Seperating them isn't going to cause any stress as they don't pair bond... The suggestion for leaving the male and removing the female is valid, as she seems to be better acclimated than the male. If you do pull the male out, you should consider getting a fecal check (if you get one) done as the loss of weight could be a result of several issues including a parasite infection.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts