Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning I saw two frogs acting differently (they were facing opposite directions and their bottoms were touching). About 5cm to the right I could see seven eggs in the leaf litter (right against the front glass- this was pure luck). I have a group of leucs so I thought I would pull them, thinking that this is my only chance, but the eggs are white. I consoled myself thinking that at least I got to experience this joy at least once.

Well, it turns out you can get a tadpole with a group of leucs because this morning, that is what I found in the pond. It is actually just a regular shallow exo terra feeding bowl that I keep in the tank because my frogs love to sit in it... and deposit tadpoles in it. I did not expect this to happen and it this is a really pleasant surprise. :D :D :D :D

Relative to the size of the eggs I discovered, the tadpole is enormous! I just wonder if this is something exceptional or if it is something I can expect to happen again? Are there other people out there who have raised leuc tadpoles from a group?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts