Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
That is black mold...Is it in a fruit fly culture? Alot of times mold benefits from too wet or too dry of media or unsanitized cups between use. You can even try adding vinegar to the water at 50:50 ratio. You cant see fly eggs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that the mold is my fault as i added extra water because i thought they looked dry and didnt realize that they would become "soupy" once the larva started hatching. Im not have very good luck though :( because i recieved 2 cultures from patrick and when i tried openeing the second one today they were flyers...oh well. Will one culture (made on 11/9) be able to hold me over for two more weeks with only 2 frogs? Thanks a lot.

-Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i contacted patrick and he sent me two new cultures free of charge. I didnt even have to request cultures he just emailed me saying he sent them out and to recheck the culture and see if they were deffinatly flyers and if they werent then he requested that i possibly help him out with just the shipping charge. What a great guy. But like before they really are flyers and im going to pay for half the shipping since only one culture had flyers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's great, patrick seems like a good guy to order from. I'm hoping to order some frogs from him soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He deffinatly is my frogs came in looking great! He was a really nice guy over the phone and made my first experience really easy. He deffinatly gets a thumbs up for frog quality and service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts