Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished with adding the hydrocon, ABG mix and 3 broms. Now I guess I should just let the tank sit like it is for about a month before adding my pair of azureus There is a frog meet here in st. louis on June 12th. I might just wait until then and get them from Saurian. does $270 sound right for a sexed pair? or should i get 2 juveniles for my first frogs? This is my first viv so I have been doing a lot of research. So far I have learned alot. Here is a most recent photo.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Nice tank! I'd say that doesn't sound unreasonable for a sexed pair. If you shopped around, you might find them a little cheaper, but, it's hard to wait when you're ready for frogs :D

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Great looking tank. I'm sure jealous! $270 is about right for a sexed pair. That's usually around the price they go for. If you get them from Patrick nabors you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would get the sexed pair instead of froglets (you will soon enough have plenty of froglets from the pair) and nabors is a solid vendor with some nice azureus.

The tank looks great!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I'd go with the sexed pair because you'll spend the same amount to ship either. And if you are interested in breeding, it'll be at least six months before froglets could be sexed and probably next spring before they would be ready to lay eggs. Patrick's sexed pairs are usually ready to breed and you'll probably have eggs within a few weeks.

BTW - I'm pretty sure that Patrick is in the St. Louis area. If you are close by, you could pick your frogs up and save the shipping.

Great job on the viv!

·
Registered
827 Posts
You can get a sexed pair as low as $200 but you'll most likely be getting unknown bloodlines and frogs from someone you don't know.

Paying a little more to get them from Patrick would be better as he has super bright blue bloodlines and the animals will be young and very healthy.
Don't worry about proven breeders as most 1.1 pairs will have fertile breeding eventually. Good to start before they get going anyway as you never know how elderly a pair you might find second hand. Don't want to get a 10 year old pair that might be just about done with breeding.
Also, that tank looks gorgeous and you're definitely ready!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to those who replied and complimented.
Looks like im going the sexed pair route then.
Having them breed right away would be great.
what do you guys do after you guys have breed them?
Do you sell them to suppliers/give them away or just keep making more vivs for them? Or I guess you could just do a combination of all three haha.

·
Registered
230 Posts
YOUR TANK LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! I have bought 4 different sexed pairs from Patrick Nabors and the frogs are probably the healthiest I have seen!!! awesome weight, and he picks out the best coloring!! he has been breeding and selling pairs for 21 years. HAS A HUGE SELECTION!!!! honestly!!! give him a shot!!! I am more than pleased with his pick!! yeah. he charges more. ( but you get what you pay for) and if these are the frogs you are going to look at all the time.. do it right!!!

http://www.saurian.net/Select-Pairs/

P.S Say that David Gregory Sent you!!! even though you have been contemplating before i posted this.. ( im not getting any money from him) just a VERY satisfied customer for 4 years strong!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You!! Yes, I am defiantly going to get the pairs from Patrick Nabors.
I would rather pay a little more with the guarantee of knowing I have a quality line. I can't wait!! I'm going to be patient and play it safe and make sure the tank is settled in first.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
YOUR TANK LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! I have bought 4 different sexed pairs from Patrick Nabors and the frogs are probably the healthiest I have seen!!! awesome weight, and he picks out the best coloring!! he has been breeding and selling pairs for 21 years. HAS A HUGE SELECTION!!!! honestly!!! give him a shot!!! I am more than pleased with his pick!! yeah. he charges more. ( but you get what you pay for) and if these are the frogs you are going to look at all the time.. do it right!!!

http://www.saurian.net/Select-Pairs/

P.S Say that David Gregory Sent you!!! even though you have been contemplating before i posted this.. ( im not getting any money from him) just a VERY satisfied customer for 4 years strong!!!
I actually don't think he charges more than other people. I bought red galacts from him for $85 each. That's the cheapest I've ever seen them for sale. Lots of people sell them around the same age for $100 or up... He is a great guy. I'll definitely be buying from him again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I actually don't think he charges more than other people. I bought red galacts from him for $85 each. That's the cheapest I've ever seen them for sale. Lots of people sell them around the same age for $100 or up... He is a great guy. I'll definitely be buying from him again.
Your right!!! he is WAY more fare with his pricing!!! But honestly!! the guy puts out the healthiest " thick " looking frogs out there!! and he is always willing to lower a price ( if you do a bulk buy) frogs that do well in groups for example..

I second that ( im definitely buying from him again) hmmmmm. do I sense another excuse to do another 2 builds so I can buy more from Patrick!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts