Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im pretty bad at finding plants because I cant seem to pick a plant or two for my auratus tank. The pictures down low arre the 2 areas that need plants. Im looking for somthing that grows together has good sized leaves pretty but darker colors and stays more in one place but will spread a little but no to much any suggestions

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Peperomia trinervula may be something to consider. Mine stays pretty compact, has dark leaves, and looks really cool. Here is what one of mine looks like (its a little darker in person).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
A few others you may thing about: Pilea spruceana, Peperomia 'Cupid', Sygonium 'Rayii" (does have a tendency to get runners though), Rabbit's Foot Fern (cool looking rhizomes, slow growing though so will be a while before it goes anywhere), any of the miniature african violets (again, small leaves, and slow growing so it will take it a while to try to go anywhere), Peperomia 'Trinidad' (forms a small clump, easy to thin out and keep within a certain area, and Im sure there are lots more, those are just a few off the top of my head that I like to put in tanks for that sort of purpose. Most are available from site sponsors (I know Joshs has some, and I am sure Black Jungle has some of them as well).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts