Dendroboard banner

I love Spring storms!

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  kylesmoney 
#1 ·
This has been a wet spring with rains nearly every night. The breeding I have been getting has been amazing! In the last 4-6 weeks I have gotten no less than 20 clutches of eggs and mostly first timers. I have had 7 clutches from my orange galacts, cobalts, alanis, azureus, leucs, SI anthonyi, 1 developing quin egg, and from frog day alone I have had Veradero, blue truncatus, 13 variabilis eggs and about 200 hourglass treefrog eggs. Keeps me very busy, but I love it!!!

How is everyone else's spring breeding going?

#6 ·
My azureus and leucs haven't started yet. We're in a drought, but I don't know how the frogs would know that, given that they are in climate and temperature controlled environments. I've been misting and feeding them like crazy.

My variabilis have been giving me 5 to 10 eggs a week for the past two months. Both pairs of pumilio cristobals have froglets and tads going, but I haven't heard a peep out of my blue jeans male (sexed trio) or Mancreeks (female and two suspected males). My leucs, oyapoks, and powder blue tincs are still too young.

#7 ·
My azureus and leucs haven't started yet. We're in a drought, but I don't know how the frogs would know that, given that they are in climate and temperature controlled environments. I've been misting and feeding them like crazy.
Isn't it funny, but they seem to tell what the temp and humidity is outside.......they seem to kick up breeding and calling when the environment changes outside the house.....

#13 ·
Heard my first call ever this morning!
I had been playing my adult auratus their call from my phone..
In the bathroom getting ready for work... I hear it.. and I am like "WHAT THE CRAP?! where is my phone?"... and its in my pocket. Go back to my rack and he is calling like crazy. WOOHOO!.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.