Dendroboard banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pleasant surprises came my way today, and one of them was a Geosesarma crab out and about, presumably investigating the shrimp souffle I left for them this morning. Their tank had become so horribly overgrown that I could hardly see the crabs, so I did a much bigger chopping of plants than I'd done in the past. Let me tell you, Pilea glauca can REALLY get wild on you if you don't keep it in check. So can a maidenhair fern, for that matter. Anyway, I got lucky and happened to be walking by the tank when I saw one of them out in the open just a few minutes ago, and I did not pass up the chance for a photo. I really love these crabs, not least because of the semi-vulgar puns they enable me to make. They are also beautiful and fun to keep.

The other surprise is possibly less amusing for you as it is for me, but as I was watering my garden today, my 9-month-old puppy started looking awfully curious about the stream of water coming out the end of the hose. Following my hunch, I aimed it in her general direction. She thinks it's the new best thing ever. She bit at the water, and chased it around on the ground like a cat after a laser dot. I wasn't expecting my cattle dog/husky mix to like water, but lo and behold! Is it too much of a leap to deliberate trying dock jumping?

I had a dog when I was a kid who liked to bite the water stream, but she was never this animated about it. None of my other dogs have been into water, so this is, for me, one of her magical character traits. I love dogs with weird but benign habits. Maybe it's the sunshine that has FINALLY decided to grace Michigan, but this week is off to a very good start.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts