Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I lost my White’s tree frog and I have no idea how. I don’t know how he escaped his cage, pI looked in everywhere in his cage and he’s nowhere. I looked everywhere in my house and still cannot find him. How do I lure him in if he’s still alive? (he is a froglet)

·
Super Moderator
3,315 Posts
I don't think there is any hope of 'luring'. Checking the room a few times after dark might be fruitful (they're nocturnal-ish, right?), but otherwise this is usually simply a matter of checking everywhere -- all the unders, behinds, on top ofs, in betweens, etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't know much about tree frogs but when I was on vacation in South Carolina as a kid I found Green Tree Frogs to be attracted to light maybe because of bugs. So maybe sit around with a small night light. If anything it could help you see. Do they glow under black light light a tomato horn worm? I have a high powered black light flashlight for my vegetable garden for those killing sprees. It will definitely be more active in the dark. Not sure how fast it will desiccate either.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Put out some water for it. It's a race against time regarding dessication.

At night, hold a flashlight beside your head while searching in your home and look for the bright reflection of its eyes. This is a great way to find insects or other nocturnal animals.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just wanted to add not sure where you live and the humidity level but a humidifier where you think it is can't hurt with maybe a wet towel. Not sure if it will seek out moisture.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Im terribly sorry this has happened. It would be good to be prepared when (thinking positive^) with an electrolyte soak at the ready.

There are several options but the easiest to grab and use would be unflavored pedialyte and water 1.1.

Others may recommend other ratios which is fine unless its too shy on the pedialyte.

Dont feed the frog until its been well hydrated. Doing so can result in renal failure.

I hope you find him.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Look in your sunny windows. I got my first gray tree frog because he was found in my office end of winter. He was hanging out basking in my window.

·
Registered
197 Posts
one of our whitesgot loose in the past. We put out water dishes but found him happy in an empty hamster habitrail tube!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts