Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 2 female leucs in a tank for about a year now. Fat and healthy, they seemed lonely. Or maybe we just wanted a male, but we ordered one. Now, I've never been witness to breeding activity, but I've read a little about it. This little male, within 2 days of being introduced, is calling between 3 and 5 times per evening (that I actually hear). There is one female that is very interested in the little boy, and chases him all over the tank when he calls. I could see in the coco hut one time and it looked like he was crawling on her or she was crawling on him (it was dark! :roll: ). Should I be looking for eggs soon or does it take females a while to "get going". What should I expect next? i'm exited about the possibility of eggs after a year of nonproductive frogkeeping. :)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
From what you described it sounds like courting, you may already have eggs in there. I know when mine court there are usually eggs that day or the next day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[email protected]

I just went and looked and there are about 3 eggs with what looks like ten other blobs with no black spot in the middle!!!!! :D :D :D

There are eggs, I cannot beleive it. I guess I'll be reading alot about them tonight!! any suggestions as to how long to leave them in there to get fertilized or anything?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is strange to me for some reason that I've had these females for a year now and nothing, then within a few days of the introduction of a male, there are eggs! He is in there now calling like crazy, his whole body vibrates and she chases him and pats his little but and touches his back legs!

I just lost all interest in smokey and the bandit. :roll:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Darts usually do not lay eggs without a male present.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts