Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I went up to the reptile show in Monona, WI. It was the first reptile show I have ever been to. I went to look right at the frogs and met Devin Edmonds. We found out that we used the same forums and know of one another. We talked for awhile about the care for PDFs and what I needed to do. After I felt comfortable with culturing flys and getting the Vivarium going, I bought 2 D. tinctorius from Devin. They are so pretty and so cute. They even ate right when I got them home. I think that says something about the care that they get at Devin's. He does a good job. I have some pics of the tempurary enclosure I will post soon.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thx. I am an avid member at many other forums and just recently discovered this forum. I will most certainly be posting whether or not I need help. But if I have any questions I wont hesitate to ask. Thx again.

G

·
Nuggular,
How often do they have that show? I'm in Milwaukee and I'm looking to get some pdf's soon. And can you PM me where Devin is from or what he has available? or point him this way, if that's more appropriate.
Thank you,
Gareth

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know how often they hold that show. Devin can be contacted by going to his website and getting his email address. His website is http://www.amphibiancare.com. Please tell him that I directed you to him. Thx for that info on the PDF group Dancing frogs. I will look into that. :D Devin lives in madison Niven. So you could just meat him at his place or something. Make sure to tell him "Nuggular" directed you to him.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I figured it might be best for me to bud in and answer some things directly. The show in Monona happens twice a year, once in April and once in November. It's pretty small, usually only around 10-15 local breeders show up who mostly have the normal selection of colubrids and common geckos. I don't breed too many frogs, but I like having a table there so that all the local reptile enthusiasts get exposed to something else besides leopard geckos and corn snakes. It's also a good place to make connections and meet good people, like meeting John (Nuggular) and others in the area that have similar interests.

Like Brian recomended, try to make it to one of the MDG meets, definitely worthwhile. I hosted the last one in March, we're thinking about doing another in June down near Chicago. It's always fun to check out other frog collections and, more important than the new frogs that are brought home, are the new ideas you get from others in the area. I can't tell you how many changes I've made to the way I care for my collection since these local meetings started. Hope to see you at the next one,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts