Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
when i first got interested in this hobby my friend had a "nature store" which he also sold exotic pets. he use to sell his w/c blue jeans for 35. at that time to me it was expensive. i figured why get a tiny frog for 35 when i could get a big auratus for 20. he said he also had w/c retics but i never noticed if he had them. he said those where going for like 9 wholesale. geez i wish i would become interested in these frogs earlier than what i did.
boy i sure do long for the old days. now if i could make myself a time machine

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well, you can look at it the other way too. Azureus used to be $125 for froglets. They used to be one of the hardest frogs to find and now the y are one of the easiest. Mint terribilis also used to be really rare and expensive too.

G

·
Yeah,
Jane and the guys from the Dendrobate Den used to breed them very regularly, but no one was that interested. Everyone back then had the same mentality that they're small and who would want that. Back when I had them I paid $50 for three of them. It's interesting to see how things change over time. I'll admit I really wish the name quinquevittatus group would have caught on as their name instead of thumbnails, but that's life...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts