Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my vents from jon werner. They are great frogs. But, being my first attempt at thumbnails, I wouldlike to get soem good opinions from others that have kept vents or similar frogs. I have them housed together in a small rubbermaid right now, because of age. They are still around 2 months out of water. I am feeding them d. melongaster, dusted, springtails when I can catch some out of my culture. My room where they are kept is about 75 high during the day, 68 low at night (usually atleast 70 though). Are these temps good for vents, or should I go lower/higher? I am going to put them in a vertical 10 I decided, in a few months anyway. Would it be best to house them separate, or together? I am not sure if they would bully each other like some mantella froglets do. Anyway, thanks in advance for any information I can get helped with.

PS. Does anyone know a good, not so expensive place to get terrarium friendly orchids?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have always kept my froglets separate, but there has been some talk on frognet recently were a couple of people got better male female ratios when they raised froglets together.

G

·
Congrats! Yes vents are very fun frogs. They were the second dart frog species I purchased. I would house the froglets in seperate rubbermaid boxes. Other than that It sounds like you are doing everything right. However, when you do transplant them into yout 10 vert, make sure the tank is heavily planted, as the vents I had were skiddish. When I put them into a tank with denser plant growth, they were as bold as my azureus. This is just my own experiences though. Also, you may want to add a water feature to the tank as well, and you may get to see some awesome cliff diving by your vents. Those suckers love to submerge themselves in water.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thanks for the info guys. I actually have 5 froglets though, I kind of confused it. I will definitely use a water feature, and dense vegetation in their 10 vert when it is finished. Jbeetle, I actually did pick up one orchid from jon with my froglets, but I was unaware how many different kinds he had until after I had ordered them. So, I have kicked myself already. I was thinking of trying out oakhillgardens.com, they have good prices and a good selection, if it is updated. Anyway, thanks for all the info so far. I have noticed they are a little skiddish, but, they are b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l frogs. I can't wait to start breeding them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I picked up 4 vents from jon at the last WADS- I am keeping them in a large rubbermaid clear top container with moss, leaves and a big brom- all are doing great- and seem to pair up. Great healthy frogs-
TQ

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Here is one of the little beauties

Here is another one.

They are some of the most beautiful frogs i have seen. I am very hopeful, and they are eating like pigs, as you can tell from their guts. Thanks for looking

Ed Parker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts