Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just bought this Jewel Orchid off EBay and it was a "Lost Tag". i believe i seen one like this on a Sponsors website but i can't seem to find it. If anyone knows and can help please.

Thanks Marty

lost tag JO.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looked on Black Junlge and seen a Ludisia discolor and it looks the same hope it's not washed out by bright lights has the same vein structure. Otherwise it was a dumb buy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a Ludisia discolor v. alba too, and it doesn't look like this plant. The color contrast between the veins and the leaves, and the vein structure is different.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The one I have looks like this. I just think it looks a lot different than the plant pictured above, doesn't it? Are there different var. alba types?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Yes there are multiple clones. That last one you pictured has more veination than any other Ludisia I've ever seen.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thanks i guess only time will tell if it washed out. some low light and humidity will show it's true colors. Though i hope it stays the color it is.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes there are multiple clones. That last one you pictured has more veination than any other Ludisia I've ever seen.
Good to know! If you do a google search, there are lots of photos of ones just like this. :) It's exactly what mine looks like also.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ludisia+discolor+var+alba&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=37Y0T8mjDsHnggeiprGOCA&biw=1366&bih=649&sei=4bY0T7OiPIXbggfu9IXoBQ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts