Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my pair of WC Cristobal's for 4 months now. They laid the first clutch a week after I got them setup. I have never seen them transport until today. I moved the viv into my office 3 weeks ago so I could keep a better I on them. I know the pictures are not the best but when your shooting through the dirty glass with a 10 year old camera I guess this is what you get.
Enjoy.

They have 6 film canisters and 9 brom's plus pups in that viv.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!... but why is one of them so red while the other is very washed out?
Cristobal's vary a lot in color. That male is a deep red and the female is very yellow. The picture's really don't show the true colors very well. Basti's are the same way they vary a lot in color but if the colection site is the same you can pair the different colors up. These are WC and from the same import.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Very nice Kurt! I love when you can (ethically) pair up different colored pums! My Solarte are red (female) and orange with black spots (male).
That is a sensational catch!! Calling and transport in one photo!!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Cristobal's vary a lot in color. That male is a deep red and the female is very yellow. The picture's really don't show the true colors very well. Basti's are the same way they vary a lot in color but if the colection site is the same you can pair the different colors up. These are WC and from the same import.
Interesting. I was in Costa Rica this summer and was at several locales. The pumilio there range in patterning a lot (ex: all red, red with blue legs, red with blue legs and black spots, etc.) but not really so much in the shading of the reds. Are you sure it is not a supplementation issue of carotenoids? I could be making that up haha but I've heard in captivity the colors can wash out because of this... but supplementing Repashy SuperPig prevents it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Congrats Kurt. They're nice.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Interesting. I was in Costa Rica this summer and was at several locales. The pumilio there range in patterning a lot (ex: all red, red with blue legs, red with blue legs and black spots, etc.) but not really so much in the shading of the reds. Are you sure it is not a supplementation issue of carotenoids? I could be making that up haha but I've heard in captivity the colors can wash out because of this... but supplementing Repashy SuperPig prevents it.
If that were a problem here they would most likely both be yellow or orange. I use Superpig and still, male is orange, female is red.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Mitch, a buddy of mine showed me this site on the weekend. I couldnt believe the variability in the cristobals, especially the colours of the "island" type. Im sure most people have already seen this, but Im still amazed!

Simply Natural Dart Frogs: pumilio Price List

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.